Marble Bundt Cake
by Tereza Poljanic
This indulgent bundt cake is the perfect after dinner treat, and best of all – it’s vegan!
- 1 1/2 cups Chantal rye flour
- 1 1/2 cups spelt flour
- 2 cups Chantal golden sugar
- 1 tsp Chantal baking soda
- 2 tsp Chantal baking powder
- 1/2 tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 2 cups almond milk (gently heated)
- 1 tbsp Chantal apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Chantal coconut oil (melted)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp rum extract (optional)
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 2 tbsp Chantal raw virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Chantal rice syrup
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Chantal almond butter or peanut butter
- Handful of hazelnuts or walnuts (to scatter on top)
1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare a 10-12 cup capacity bundt tin.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (except the coffee granules and cacao powder). In a medium bowl, mix together the wet ingredients.
3. Now, combine the wet and dry together until you get a smooth batter.
4. Pour ½ batter into another bowl and add cacao powder and coffee granules.
5. Once both the chocolate and vanilla batter is made, pour them alternately into the pan and swirl the cake batter with a butter knife gently, for the marbled effect.
6. Bake for 35-40 mins or until done. Cool completely.
7. Mix all of the ingredients for the glaze. Decorate the bundt cake with the chocolate glaze and hazelnuts.