by Chloe Moir
Lentils are a relatively low calorie, high protein and high fibre pantry staple that are super easy to prepare. Lentils readily absorb sauces, so they’re great in flavoursome curries, chillis and soups. We are loving this spiced chilli recipe from nutritionist Chloe Moir chloemoirnutrition.com
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Deodorized Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp Chantal Organics Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 2 grated carrots
- 1 cup mushrooms, diced
- 2 heaped tbsp Chantal Organics Tomato Paste
- 1 can Chantal Organics Tinned Tomatoes
- 1 can Chantaln Organics lentils, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup water
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
1. Gently cook the onion and garlic in coconut oil. Add the spices and cook for another minute.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and bring to the boil.
3. Turn down to a gentle boil, place the lid on and cook for 20 minutes and the chili has thickened up to your desired consistency. Remove from heat and serve warm.
Serve with your choice of sides such as fresh spinach, brown rice, quinoa or guacamole.