Lamb & Couscous Stuffed Capsicums
by Fresh Factory
Stuffed rainbow capsicums with a Middle Eastern-inspired lamb and couscous filling. This dish is perfect for a light summer supper.
- 4 large capsicums – any colour
- 250g Lamb Mince (we love Pure South)
- 1 can Chantal Organics chopped tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics tomato paste
- A drizzle of Chantal Organics olive oil
- 1 clove garlic - minced
- 1 onion - chopped finely
- 1 Tbs Baharat spice mix (or Moroccan spice if you cannot find)
- 1/2 packet Moroccan Couscous (We love Diamond)
- A handful of mixed herbs - parsley, mint and dill - chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 cup lamb or chicken stock (we love Simon Gaults)
- 100g Feta cheese, crumbled - (we love Delmaine)
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C.
2. Cut capsicums in half lengthwise through stems (retain stems) and remove seeds. Place the halves, cut side up on a baking tray. Set aside.
3. Heat a large non-stick fry pan over medium high heat and cook onion and garlic with a dash of olive oil until soft about 5 minutes.
4. Add minced lamb and cook until the lamb is browned and crumbly. Add Baharat spice mix, chopped tomato and tomato paste. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Cook the couscous according to the packet instructions.
6. Stir the couscous and mixed herbs into the lamb mixture - season to taste.
7. Fill each halved capsicum with lamb & couscous mixture. Sprinkle the tops with feta cheese and extra herbs. Bake until capsicums are soft and topping is golden - about 30-40 minutes.