Hemp Protein Pancakes
by The Chantal Team
These vegan pancakes are easy to make, give you a boost of plant-based protein and are delicious with a drizzle of apple syrup. Take leftovers to work with you and pop in the toaster for morning tea or even snack on them cold.
- 1 cup Isola Bio Almond Milk OR Coconut Supreme (we love Isola Bio)
- 3 Tbsp ground flaxseed (or linseeds)
- 1 Tbsp Chantal Organics Olive Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Hemp Protein Powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup buckwheat flour or brown rice flour
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- ¼ tsp Chantal Organics Cinnamon Powder
- Chantal Organics Coconut Oil for frying
- Chantal Organics Apple Syrup for drizzling
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, ground flaxseed, olive oil, and honey. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the hemp protein, almond flour, brown rice flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk together.
- Allow the batter to sit for a few minutes, this allows it to thicken.
- Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a heavy based fry pan over medium low heat. Be sure to use a non-stick pan or plenty of oil, otherwise the pancakes will stick to the pan.
- When the pan is hot, add spoonfuls of pancake mix and shape into round circles.
- Let them cook for 2 minutes on one side and then flip and cook 2 more minutes. Add more coconut oil to the pan, as you need it. .
- Stack warm pancakes on a plate and drizzle with apple syrup, a spoonful of coconut yoghurt and slices of fruit.