Hemp & Kumara Chocolate Brownies
by The Chantal Team
These naturally sweetened brownies have a moreish flavour and fudgy bite to fall in love with. Hemp protein powder is a great source of plant-based protein, fibre and omegas making these brownies the perfect brain-food. They are gluten free, dairy free, paleo friendly and have a sneaky serving of veggies too!
- 1 cup dried dates, roughly chopped
- 1 cup cooked, mashed kumara or pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Virgin Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup Chantal Organics Hemp Protein Powder
- Optional: coconut icing sugar or freeze-dried fruit powder for dusting
- Put the dates into a small bowl and add 2 Tbsp of boiling water and mix well. Set aside.
- Put the coconut oil jar into a bowl of warm water to gently soften it.
- Preheat oven to 170℃. Line a 20cm square baking pan with baking paper.
- In a food processor, blend the kumara and dates until pureed. Add eggs, vanilla and coconut oil and blend again until combined.
- Add the cocoa powder and baking soda and blend. Add almond flour and hemp powder and blend until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake 16 -18 minutes or until just firm when touched. Allow to cool in the dish and then cut into nine square bars.
- Dust with icing sugar, cocoa powder or freeze-dried fruit powder of your choice.
Time saving tip: Prepare the kumara ahead of time.