Healthy Chocolate Brownie
by Chloe Moir
We’re all for healthier versions of our favourite sweet treats, and this chocolate brownie is deliciously gooey and naturally sweet thanks to the addition of banana and our rice malt syrup. Add to that, it’s refined sugar, gluten and dairy free – what’s not to love!
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup LSA
- 3/4 cup of cacao powder
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Soda
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 eggs (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Deodorized Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Brown Rice Syrup
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 30g of dark chocolate (optional)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius and line a baking tin with baking paper.
2. Place the coconut flour, LSA, cacao powder, salt and baking soda into a large bowl. Whisk well to remove any lumps.
3. In a separate bowl mash the ripe banana with a fork. Add the eggs, coconut oil, honey and vanilla then whisk well to combine.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix carefully using a spatula.
5. Pour the brownie mixture into the lined baking tin, cover with grated dark chocolate.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 25-30 minutes.
7. To check the brownie is cooked, take a knife and insert it into the middle of the brownie. The knife will come out clean when it is cooked through.
8. Leave to cool on a wire rack before cutting into squares.