Easy Chicken Curry
by Chloe Moir
A simple, warming and tasty chicken curry that’s quick to put together – perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 tbsp Chantal deodorised coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp Chantal cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp Chantal turmeric powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 cm sized fresh ginger, grated
- 2 small chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tin Chantal coconut milk
- 1 broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ¼ tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- Optional: 1 cup of cooked quinoa or brown rice per person to serve (1/2 a cup each)
1. Heat coconut in a pot on medium heat and cook the onion until soft.
2. Add the ginger, garlic and spices, stir continuously for 1 minute.
3. Add the chicken and cook for another minute, followed by the coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
4. Add the broccoli and peas, place the lid on and leave to cook on medium heat for 10 minutes or until the broccoli is cooked.
5. Serve with quinoa or brown rice.