Corn, Kale & Potato Soup
by Fresh Factory
This cold weather calls for warm soups! Using potatoes as the base, we’ve brought together kale and corn for a hearty dinner soup. Although the chilli is optional, it is a great addition to any dish and sure to increase your body temperature!
- A drizzle liquid Chantal Organics Coconut Oil
- 1 brown onion - finely diced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 red chilli - sliced
- 500g potatoes - diced into 2cm cubes (we love Wilcox - Inca Gold)
- 2 corn on the cob OR 1 can corn kernels
- 1 can Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 2 cups veggie stock (we love Simon Gault)
- Lemon Juice
- A handful of Chantal Organics Roast Peanuts, roughly chopped and toasted
- 1 Spring onion
- A handful of kale
- A handful basil (we love Superb herb)
- Salt & Pepper
We used a heavy based casserole dish from Le Creuset
- In a heavy based casserole dish over a medium-high heat, fry off the onion, garlic and ½ the chilli in a drizzle of coconut oil until golden and translucent.
- Add the potatoes and all but a handful of corn, a good pinch of salt, coconut milk and vegetable stock and bring to a boil and simmer for about 20 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Blend with a hand blender until it’s about half liquidised. Add a little lemon juice and a good grind of black pepper. Then add the kale and return to cook for a few minutes until the greens are wilted.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Stir fry the remaining corn, the other half of the chilli, peanuts and spring onions with a little coconut oil. Cook until the corn is charred and peanuts are well toasted.
- Serve the soup topped with fresh basil leaves and a sprinkle of corn & peanut mixture.