Coconut Rice and Chicken Salad
by Fresh Factory
The perfect dish for a casual summer family dinner or lunch. The light, fresh flavours of chicken, coconut, zesty lime and coriander is a match made in heaven.
- 4 free-range chicken thighs, butterflied (we love Waitoa)
- 1 tbsp liquid Chantal Organics coconut oil
- 400ml can Chantal Organics coconut milk
- 1-2 green chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp fish sauce (we love Golden Sun)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 2 cups Jasmine Rice (we love Sun Rice)
- A handful fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- 2 small snack cucumbers, ribboned
- ⅓ cup peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
Extra lime to serve
- Mix the coconut milk, chilli, lime zest, lime juice and fish sauce,in a small bowl to make the coconut dressing.
- In a nonstick fry pan, heat the liquid coconut oil over medium high heat. Place the butterflied chicken, cook for 3-4 minutes until the bottom turn brown, season with salt and pepper. Turn over and continue to cook for 5-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Cool slightly and slice into strips.
- Cook rice as per packet instructions.
- Place the rice, chicken, coriander, cucumber, peanuts and the dressing in a large bowl and toss to combine. Serve warm or chilled with extra lime.
We love to serve this light salad with the Giesen Riesling.