Cinnamon Bun Pancakes
by Jose Stichbury
These cinnamon bun inspired pancakes are deliciously thick, have a beautiful cinnamon aroma, and when drizzled with glaze it’s just like eating cinnamon buns! Top with red berries and pomegranate seeds for the perfect Christmas morning. Thank you Jose Stichbury at Swoon Food for this.
- 100g Chantal Organics Rice Four
- 50g Chantal Organics Buckwheat Four
- 10g coconut ﬂour
- 50g Chantal Organics Golden Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Organics Ground Ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Brown Rice Syrup
- 50g Chantal Organics Almond Butter
- 75g coconut yoghurt
- 150g nut milk or drinking coconut milk
- *extra coconut oil for cooking
Cinnamon Bun Glaze
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1/4 cup water
Extra Topping Suggestions
- Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- fresh berries
- fresh pomegranate seeds
To make the pancakes
1. Combine all the dry ingredients, except the cinnamon, in a medium bowl and stir well to combine.
2. Gently melt the 2 Tbsp of coconut oil either in a bowl set over a pan of steaming water or in a microwave.
3. Combine all the wet ingredients, except the coconut oil, in a second bowl and use a hand whisk to combine.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir to combine, then fold in the melted coconut oil.
5. Lastly add the 2 tsp of cinnamon and gently fold it through so that your mix has a cinnamon swirl. Note, the mix should be quick thick which creates a nice thick pancake. If it’s so thick it won’t come oﬀ a spoon, add a little more milk.
To cook the pancakes
1. Heat a spoonful of coconut oil in a heavy based fry pan over medium low heat.
2. When the pan in hot add spoonfuls of pancake mix and shape into round circles.
3. When you see bubbles appearing all over, ﬂip the pancakes to cook the other side. Add more coconut oil as you need it.
4. Keep an eye on your pan heat, if it gets too hot the pancakes will burn quickly
1. Make the cinnamon bun glaze by stirring the icing sugar and water together in a small bowl.
2. Pile the warm pancakes up on a plate, drizzle with cinnamon bun glaze and top with berries, pomegranate seeds and apple syrup if desired.