Chorizo & White Bean Stew
by Fresh Factory
This Spanish style white bean stew is surprisingly easy and quick to make! Perfect for a weeknight dinner at home.
- 6 Spanish Chorizo, sliced (we love Hellers)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small stalk celery, chopped
- 3 baby carrots, sliced (we love Wilcox)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ yellow capsicum, sliced
- 2 cups baby tomatoes (we love Beekist)
- 2 sprigs Rosemary (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful fresh thyme, chopped (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- A drizzle of Chantal Organics Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 can Chantal Organics Cannellini Beans
- 1 1/2 cup vegetable stock (we love Simon Gault)
We cooked this stew in a Le Creuset Signature Cast Iron Casserole.
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large deep casserole over medium high heat. Fry the chorizo for 2-3 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside. In the same casserole fry carrot, celery and onion for 1 minute. Add the herbs, garlic, capsicum, tomatoes, paprika and chorizo. Continue to fry for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock and beans. Bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. Cover the casserole and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15-20 minutes or until the stew is thickened. Garnish with some extra fresh thyme.
- Serve the stew with toasted garlic bread.
- Garlic Bread (we love Giannis)
- extra thyme to garnish