Chocolate Easter Waffles
by Fresh Factory
These homemade coconut milk chocolate waffles are light and sweet and perfect to serve for breakfast or brunch. How about enjoying them with your family at Easter? Simply delicious!
- 1 cup plain Chantal Organics White Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice (we love Mrs Rogers)
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 eggs, separated (we love Woodland)
For the Chocolate Sauce
- ½ cup honey (we love Airborn)
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp water
- 50g Dark Chocolate, finely chopped
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Mixed Berries
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the flour mixture to combine.
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to the manufacturer’s instructions. Cook the waffles.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the chocolate sauce. Place the honey, cocoa powder and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve waffles with ice-cream, chopped dark chocolate, berries and chocolate sauce.