Chocolate Easter Waffles
by Fresh Factory
These homemade chocolate waffles are a seriously delicious treat to spoil your family with on Easter morning. They are made with coconut milk and coconut oil, so can easily be dairy free if you top with a vegan ice cream. Happy Easter!
- 1 cup plain Chantal Organics White Flour
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Chantal Organics Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
- 80g caster sugar
- 1 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Milk
- 3 tablespoons Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 eggs, separated (we love Woodland)
- Vanilla ice cream to serve (we love Kapiti)
- Mixed berries to serve
For the Chocolate and honey drizzle
- ½ cup honey (we love Mother Earth)
- 2 tablespoons Chantal Organics Golden Sugar
- ½ cup water
- 50g dark chocolate, finely chopped
- Mix the flour, cornflour, baking powder, cocoa, mixed spice and sugar in a large bowl. Add the coconut milk, coconut oil and egg yolks and whisk until smooth.
- Place the egg whites in a medium bowl and beat until stiff peaks form, then gently fold into the flour mixture to combine.
- Preheat a lightly greased waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions. Cook the waffles.
- While the waffles are cooking, make the drizzle. Place the honey, sugar and water in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Increase the heat to high, add the chocolate and mix to combine. Bring to a simmer and cook for 3- 4 minutes or until syrupy.
- Serve waffles with ice-cream, berries and chocolate drizzle.