Chocolate & Beetroot Mini Cakes
by Fresh Factory
Beetroot and chocolate is a killer combo! The beets not only add a moist, dense texture to the cakes, they also give the cakes a nutritious earthy flavour and feel. Dress with cute pink cream cheese icing for your next tea party!
For the cake
- 80g Chantal Organics White Flour
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- 50g dark cocoa powder
- 100g Chantal Organics Golden Sugar
- 2 Eggs (we love Woodland)
- 100g cooked beetroot
- 100 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 muffin cases
For the cream cheese icing
- 100g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp cream
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Beetroot Powder
We used Le Creuset Non-stick Muffin tin to make these cakes
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C. Line each hole of the muffin pan with paper case.
2. Drain the cooked beetroot. Puree in a food processor or blender until smooth.
3. In a large bowl, mix eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla. Beat together well. Add the beetroot puree.
4. Sift the flour, baking soda and cocoa into the wet mixture. Combine well.
5. Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until risen and cooked.
6. Remove from the oven, then cool completely on a cake rack.
7. Beat the cream cheese to soft creamy texture. Add cream, icing sugar and beetroot powder. Mix well to make a soft, pink cream icing.
8. When the cakes are cold, top each one generously with the pink icing. Enjoy!