Chicken & Prawn Laksa
by Fresh Factory
There are many variations of laksa in Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Thailand. Laksa is basically a spicy noodle soup with meat or seafood. Chicken and Prawns are the perfect combination for this spicy fragrant dish.
- 4 chicken breasts - chopped into small pieces (we love Waitoa)
- 2 cups prawns - defrosted, shelled and deveined (we love Sea Cuisine)
- 1 tbsp liquid coconut oil (we love Olivado)
- 1 onion - finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic - minced
- A 3 cm cube fresh ginger - minced
- 1 fresh chilli - finely chopped
- 3 tbsp laksa paste
- 1 x 400ml Chantal Organics coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 1 tbsp brown sugar(optional)
- A handful of green beans, trimmed and sliced through the middle
- 2 packets ready cooked Spaghetti (we love Diamond Heat & Eat)
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- fresh lime wedges
- A handful of fresh coriander (we love Superb Herb)
- A handful of fresh Mint (we love Superb Herb)
- We used a heavy based Le Creuset casserole pot to make this
- In a large pot over a medium heat, heat the coconut oil, then add the onion, ginger, chilli and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent. Add the laksa paste and continue to cook for a further minute.
- Add the coconut cream and chicken stock, bring to the boil and then turn down to a gentle simmer.
- Add the chicken breast, prawns and the beans. Bring to boil. Simmer for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Season with sugar taste.
- Divide the warmed cooked spaghetti into four serving bowls. Pour the laksa curry over the noodles, Arrange chicken, prawns, beans attractively and top with sprouts, coriander, mint and fresh limes.