by Renee Sexton
A creamy roast carrot dip.
- 4 large carrots
- 1/2 cup cashews (soaked in water for 3 hours)
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp Chantal Organics Cumin Powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 medjool date
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp Chantal Organics Hulled Tahini
1. Turn the oven onto 180 fan bake and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Peel and chop your carrots into small slices and then place them in a bowl with 1 tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of paprika, ½ tsp of salt and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix well and then place on your baking tray. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes.
3. Once the carrots are cooked, place them in your food processor with the drained and rinsed cashews, ½ cup of water, the rest of the spices and olive oil, garlic clove, tahini, medjool date and lemon juice. Blitz until smooth and creamy. Taste and season to your liking.
Serve with carrot sticks, cherry tomatoes and crackers.