by Gemma Fitzpatrick
This wholesome granola is ideal for sprinkling over smoothies, or layering with yoghurt and fruit of yourchoice for a breakfast parfait. It pairs particularly well with our peanut butter smoothie bowl.
- 2 cups Chantal buckwheat groats
- 1 cup Chantal golden linseeds
- 1/2 cup Chantal chia seeds
- 1/2 cup Chantal pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup Chantal sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup finely chopped crystallised ginger or raisins
- 4 tbsp Chantal raw virgin coconut oil
- 2 tbsp Chantal rice syrup
- 2 tbsp Chantal honey
- 1/2 tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp Chantal sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 150°c and line a deep oven tray with baking paper.
2. Measure and place all of your dry ingredients, minus the ginger, cinnamon and salt into a large mixing bowl.
3. Melt the oil, syrup and honey in a small saucepan with the salt and cinnamon. Pour over your dry ingredients and mix quickly to get an even coat.
4. Toast in the over for around 45mins – 1hr depending on how toasted you like granola. Make sure you toss your granola every 15 minutes or so.
5. Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan. I like to let it cool like this to get some big clusters.
6. Once cooled slightly toss through crystallised ginger or raisins to finish.
7. Store in an airtight container or a big jar.
The nuts and seeds in this recipe are all interchangeable. For example, if you only have almonds on hand, use all almonds. No pumpkin? Use all sunflower. Rolled oats can be used instead of buckwheat, too.