Black Tahini & Honey Pie
by Fresh Factory
This salty, sweet, honey and sesame creation is a unique show stopper, sure to inspire your dinner party guests!
For the Pie:
- Shortcrust pastry, thawed (we love Paneton)
- 250g rata honey (we love Airborne)
- 150g golden sugar
- 125g Chantal Organics Black Tahini
- 3 eggs (we love Woodland)
- 120g butter, melted (we love Anchor)
- 4 tbsp ground almonds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine, plus extra for topping
For the Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp rata honey, melted (we love Airborne)
- 2 tbsp Chantal Organics Black Tahini
- White sesame seeds (we love Alison’s Pantry)
We used a Le Creuset pie dish.
Method for the Pie:
- Preheat the oven to 160C.
- Line a pie tin with greased baking paper. Fill with the rolled shortcrust pastry leaving the edges to overhang.
- Prick holes in the pastry with a fork then bake for 15 minutes, until the pastry starts to golden. Remove from oven, trim the edges while hot and set aside to cool.
- To make the filling, place butter, honey, sugar, tahini, eggs, ground almonds, vanilla and salt to a blender or stand alone mixer and mix/blend until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pie crust then bake for 60-70 mins until just set, the filling should have a slight wobble. You may need to cover the pie crust with tinfoil if it browns too quickly. Let cool and refrigerate to set.
Method for the Glaze:
- Mix the honey and black tahini together.
- Brush the top of the chilled pie with the glaze
- Sprinkle with white sesame seeds and a pinch of sea salt.