Black Mantou BLT
by Fresh Factory
A squishy spin on the all time family favourite - BLT. These little steamed black mantou buns stuffed with crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, fresh tomato, melted cheese and saucy goodness are the perfect hot canapes or starter for any dinner party.
- 8 black mantou buns, sliced in half through the centre (we love United Food Co)
- 8 rashers streaky bacon (we love Hellers)
- 1 punnet tomatoes (we love Beekist)
- 4 cheddar cheese slices, cut into 16 mini squares (we love Mainland)
- A handful cress (we love Superb Herb)
- Chantal Organics Tomato Sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
Beer Match: Emerson’s Bird Dog
- In a non stick fry pan over a high heat fry the bacon until golden and crispy.
- Steam the black mantou buns as per packet instructions. When you have 2 minutes to go, add the slices of cheese on the bottom half and steam until cheese is melted.
- To assemble the BLT’s. Spread some Chantal Organics tomato sauce on one half of the bun and mayonnaise on the other. Layer tomatoes, cress and bacon in between.
- Devour while hot!