Black Bean Brownie
by Tereza Poljanic
A healthier take on an indulgent treat from one of our favourite foodies, Tereza Poljanic. Black beans are high in protein and rich in fiber making them a nourishing addition to baking.
- 1 400g can Chantal black beans
- 3 eggs
- 5 tbsp Chantal coconut oil
- 1 tbsp ground coffee
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp Chantal baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g dark chocolate (chopped)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. In a food processor add beans, eggs, coconut oil and coffee and mix till smooth.
3. Add cacao powder, coconut sugar, almond flour, vanilla and baking powder.
4. Mix again and at the end add chopped dark chocolate.
5. Pour mixture in a prepared baking tray with baking paper (18 x 18 cm) and bake for 30 minutes.
Serve with whipped coconut cream or your favourite coconut yoghurt.