Apricot and Cashew Energy Balls
by Chloe Moir
An easy snack to prepare in advance. These are a great little energy boost for school lunch boxes or to keep on hand at the office.
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 cup Chantal organic apricots
- ½ cup dates
- 2 Tbsp Chantal coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- ¼ cup Chantal desiccated coconut
1. If your almonds and cashews are raw roast them in the oven at 170 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden. Watch them carefully that they do not burn.
2. Place the dates and apricots into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for 5 minutes then drain all the water out. This makes them easier to blend.
3. Place the roasted cashew and almonds in a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs. Pour this mixture into a large bowl.
4. Place the dates, apricots and coconut oil into the blender or food processor along with the vanilla extract and blend into a paste. Add this to the bowl along with the salt and mix well.
5. Pour the desiccated coconut into a medium sized bowl. Take a tablespoon of mixture roll it into a ball and coat it in the desiccated coconut.
6. Leave the balls in the freezer to set for an hour.