Apple & Rhubarb Grainola Slice
by Fresh Factory
This apple and rhubarb grainola slice is a delicious make-ahead breakfast alternative, especially for when you’re on the go!
For the base and crumble
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organics Rolled Oats
- 1 ½ cups Chantal Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 15 fresh dates or 225g select dates (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g unsalted butter, chopped and melted (we love Anchor)
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Apple Crumble Grainola
For the apple and rhubarb jam
- 200g rhubarb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 apples, cubed (we love Jazz Apples)
- ⅓ cup honey
- ½ Tbsp Chantal Organics Cinnamon
- To make the jam, place the honey, cinnamon and fruit in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until soft, stirring regularly. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a slice tin with greaseproof paper. To make the base, place the oats, coconut, dates, vanilla, butter and ground almonds in a food processor and blitz for a few minutes until the mixture comes together. Press it lightly into the prepared tin and smooth the top with a spoon. Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until firm. Cool.
- Spread the fruit jam over the base and top with the apple crumble grainola, pressing lightly to ensure it sets in the jam. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set. Serve with your favourite tea and enjoy!