Apple Crumble Breakfast Cookie
by Jose Stichbury
A soft, moist breakfast cookie that tastes just like apple crumble.
- 2 cups Chantal Organics Apple Crumble Grainola
- 3/4 cup Chantal Organics Desiccated Coconut
- 1/2 cup Chantal Organics Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp Chantal Organics Ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 1 cup dates
- 1/2 tsp Chantal Naturals Baking Soda
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Coconut Oil, melted
- 1/4 cup Chantal Organics Apple Syrup
- 2 Tbsp Chantal Organics Almond Butter
- Place the dates in a heat proof bowl, sprinkle over the baking soda and pour over the boiling water. Allow the dates to soak while measuring out the rest of the ingredients.
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC fan bake and line 2 baking trays.
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir well to combine.
- Melt the coconut oil either in a small pan over low heat or in a microwave.
- Combine the coconut oil with the remaining wet ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Place the date mixture in a food processor and blend until you have a date paste (a few chunks are ok).
- Add the wet and dry ingredients to the date paste in the food processor and pulse to combine.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto the prepared baking trays and shape into round cookies – aim for 6 cookies per tray.
- Bake the cookies in the centre of the oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the tops look set and they feel firm when pressed lightly.
- Remove cookies from the oven and allow them to cool on the baking trays for 10 minutes, before transferring to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.