Almond Milk Poached Chicken Salad
by Fresh Factory
This nourishing, dinner salad recipe is naturally dairy free, healthy and fresh tasting. Poaching in almond milk gives the chicken a lovely nutty flavour while keeping it silky, moist and tender. The chicken complements the other fragrant ingredients. A must try!
- 4 free-range chicken breasts (we love Waitoa)
- 1L almond Milk
- 2 cups cooked Chantal Organics quinoa
- 5 radishes - thinly sliced
- 1 cup shelled edamame beans- cooked
- 1 bulb fennel - thinly sliced (we love The Fresh Grower)
- A handful of parsley & mint (we love Superb Herb)
- 1 lemon
- Extra Virgin avocado oil (we love Olivado)
- ½ cup pesto
- ½ cup flaked almonds - toasted (we love Alison’s Pantry)
- Ara Wine Match - Sauvignon Blanc
1. In a saucepan over a medium heat, heat the almond milk until it reaches a rolling boil. Add 1 teaspoon of salt and then slowly lower the chicken breasts into the milk. Simmer for 12 -15 minutes until the chicken is cooked through completely. Cool and shred.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the fennel, radish, edamame beans, quinoa, chicken, mint, parsley, flaked almonds, pesto, a drizzle of Extra Virgin Avocado oil and a squeeze of lemon. Toss until everything is well combined.
3. Plate up and serve with chilled Ara Sauvignon Blanc.