Almond Butter & Hemp Heart Cookies
by The Chantal Team
These flourless cookies are paleo friendly and packed with plant-based nutrition. The creamy almond butter adds protein and a deliciously deep flavour. Hemp seeds have a light nutty flavour and give these cookies a plant-based boost of omegas and protein, making them a smart choice for the whole family.
- ¾ cup Chantal Organics Almond Butter
- ¼ to ½ cup coconut sugar, depending on your sweet tooth
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup of Chantal Organics Hemp Hearts
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Chantal Naturals Sea Salt Fine
- 40g chopped Alter Eco dark chocolate bar, optional but recommended!
- Preheat the oven to 180℃. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine almond butter, coconut sugar and egg. Stir in hemp seeds.
- Add vanilla, sea salt and chopped chocolate. Gently mix in.
- The dough will be sticky, so wet your hands with water and roll into small balls and place on the prepared baking tray. Flatten the balls with the back of a fork.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool on the tray for 10 minutes, without disturbing them.
- Then move them onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container for 3-4 days.