A Spoonful of Nutrients
What makes our powders unique?
We start with NZ grown, organic vegetables. After harvest, we prep the vegetables on site and put them into our NZ-designed drying chamber. The DriedFreshTMdryer is unique as it uses an oxygen free vacuum chamber (preserving the produce from any degradation), to gently dry at a very low temperature (always below 40C), to preserve the enzymes, antioxidants, phytochemicals and all of the nutrients of fresh garden picked produce.
There are 3 nutrient- dense vegetable powders available.
Beetroot are naturally rich in vitamins, minerals and dietary fibre. In particular, it is rich in antioxidants, Vitamin C, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, potassium and manganese. Beetroot has become popular with athletes for its high levels of naturally occurring nitrates, which naturally enhances exercise performance.
Our beetroot powder has a sweet, yet earthy flavour.
- Add it to smoothies and juices or just mix it with water.
- Add a few teaspoons to salad dressings, gravies, sauces or soups. Secret tip: it compliments any recipe using tomatoes.
- It’s perfect to use as a natural and safe food colouring. It gives a bright red colour to icing or add to chocolate cake for a nutritious Red Velvet Chocolate Cake.
The humble carrot is actually packed with nutrients. It is best known for its high source of beta-carotene, which the body converts to Vitamin A and uses to support healthy eyesight, and dietary fibre. Carrots are also rich in antioxidants, phytonutrients, Vitamin C and K.
Our carrot powder has a sweet, subtle and pleasant flavour.
- Add it to baking. It adds a depth of flavour to carrot cake and muffins.
- Add to smoothies, soups and stews for a nutritious boost.
- Use it as a natural and safe orange food colouring.
Kale is nutrient-dense and has a high concentration of antioxidants, phytonutrients, anti-inflammatory compounds and vitamins A, C, and K, all which help strengthen the immune system. Kale is also a great source of dietary fibre, calcium and iron, in fact, per calorie, kale has more calcium than milk and more iron than beef.
Our kale powder has a deep and earthy flavour that is surprisingly pleasant.
- Drink it! Simply mix it with water or juice. Combine with beetroot and carrot powder for a revitalizing cleansing tonic.
- Add to smoothies – check out our easy and delicious recipes below.
- Kale powder is very versatile in cooking and especially great on eggs. Sprinkle it on boiled, scrambled, poached, fried eggs or frittata.
- Add 2 or 3 teaspoons to salad dressings, soups, stews and sauces for a real boost of nutrients.