Tomato Chicken Pasta
by Natalie Brady
This simple, yet delicious dish offers a lean protein and a good mix of vegetables for a healthy, well-rounded meal. It’s easy to whip up, just grab a few pantry staples, your favourite pasta and you have a satisfying dinner to feel good about!
- 3 chicken breasts, sliced into 1cm cubes
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 15 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 handfuls of baby spinach
- 1 Chantal Tomato Passata, 680g
- 1 tbsp Chantal Tomato Paste
- 1 tbsp Chantal Tamari
- ½ - 1 tsp Chantal Chilli Flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp Chantal deodorised Coconut Oil
- 250g brown rice or gluten free pasta
- Parmesan cheese – optional topping
1. Cook the pasta as per instructions.
2. In a large fry pan melt coconut oil over medium heat.
3. Add garlic and chicken to the pan and cook for 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
4. Then add mushrooms and cook for cook for a further 3-4 minutes until mushrooms soft.
5. Next add passata sauce, tomato paste, tamari, chili flakes, salt, pepper and spinach, stir through and let the spinach wilt.
6. Once the pasta has been cooked and drained, stir the pasta through the sauce mixture.
7. Spoon pasta onto a bowl or plate, top with parmesan cheese (if using), enjoy immediately.