by Tereza Poljanic
Tempeh is made from fermented soy beans, and its firm texture makes it a great alternative to meat. We’re loving this vegetarian take on a classic Mexican dish, that’s rich in plant based protein. Thank you Tereza from Teresamisu for this amazing alternative!
- 250g organic tempeh
- 1 tsp Chantal chilli flakes
- 1 tbsp Chantal cumin seeds
- 2 tbp Chantal fine sea salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 400g can Chantal chopped tomoatoes
- 8-10 corn tortillas
- 1 400g can Chantal black beans
- Grate the tempeh against largest hole on a cheese grater box, set aside.
- Heat coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add tempeh, spices and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and beans cook and stir mixture is well combined and heated through. Remove pan from heat.
- Spoon tempeh mix onto tortillas and top with desired toppings.
Serve with slices of avocado, corn, sliced red chilles, fresh coriander and lime.