Tahini and Apricot Cookies
by Georgina Shearsby Roberts
These little chewy bites are packed full of nutritious ingredients. They are super tasty too - just perfect to have in your bag for an afternoon pick me up!
- 1/3 cup Chantal buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup Chantal tahini
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 5 Chantal dried apricots
- ½ tsp vanilla
- ¼ tsp Chantal baking soda
- pinch of Chantal fine salt
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
1. Chop the dried apricots into quarters.
2. In a mixing bowl add all dry ingredients, except the sesame seeds, and mix together.
3. Add in the maple syrup and tahini, and mix to combine. Add in more wet ingredients if the texture is too crumbly.
4. Form into a ball and place in the fridge for half an hour.
5. Pre-heat the over to 180 degrees.
6. Once chilled, take tablespoon amounts of the mixture and roll into balls.
7. Place onto a lined baking tray and flatten with a fork. Sprinkle over the sesame seeds and press onto the top.
8. Place in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned on top.
9. Remove and let cool – they will be very soft at first but will harden to a chewy consistency.