by Tereza Poljanic
Dessert anyone? Here’s a simple (but delicious) crumble recipe that calls for fresh, seasonal fruit. If summer stone fruit aren’t available, apples and pears work a treat too. We love this crumble by whole foodie Tereza Poljanic.
- 1 cup Chantal apricot & almond grainola or jumbo rolled oats
- 1 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Chantal buckwheat flour
- 1 cup Chantal golden sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- A pinch of Chantal fine sea salt
- 8 tbsp Chantal coconut oil (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp Chantal arrowroot powder
- 4 cups of apricots or plums (whatever is in season)
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Cut the plums and apricots into small pieces.
3. Mix chopped fruit with arrowroot powder, 4 tbsp coconut sugar and set aside.
4. In a food processor blend the grainola (or oats), almonds, buckwheat flour, coconut sugar, salt and cinnamon together.
5. Then, add the coconut oil and maple syrup to the food processor and pulse a couple of times to combine.
6. Place the fruit mixture on a baking tray and sprinkle the crumble on top.
7. Bake 20 min or until the crumble starts turning a golden brown.
8. Remove from the oven and serve warm with coconut cream or ice cream.