Spiced Carrot Chips with Cashew Aioli
by Chloe Moir
Root vegetables are easy to come by, and the humble carrot is packed with beta carotene and vitamin c, which are great for supporting our immune health. These are a tasty winter snack, and the cashew aioli makes a delightful dip.
- 4 large carrots or 6 medium carrots
- 1 tbsp Chantal deoderized coconut oil
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tsp Chantal curry powder
- ½ tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- ½ cup cashew nuts (soaked for an hour in warm water)
- 1 heaped tbsp Chantal hulled tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 tbsp of water
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp Chantal apple cider vinegar
- Sesame seeds (optional to serve)
- Coriander (optional to serve)
1. Turn oven on to 180 degrees celcius, line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Wash and cut carrots length-ways into quarters. Place on the baking tray and cover with the oil and spices.
3. Place in the oven and cook for 30 minutes or until starting to brown. Using a flipper to turn regularly.
4. For the aioli place all ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.
5. Serve the carrot chips with a sprinkle of sesame seeds, fresh coriander and the aioli.