Peanut Butter Cookies
by Tereza Poljanic
Peanut butter and chocolate is a classic combination, and these cookies are just the thing to curb any afternoon sweet cravings. Best of all, they’re vegan and refined sugar free too. We can’t resist these chocolatey treats by the lovely Tereza Poljanic!
- 1/2 cup Chantal white rice flour
- 1/2 cup Chantal buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup Chantal jumbo rolled oats
- 1/2 cup Chantal quick oats
- 4 Tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp Chantal baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 1 cup Chantal almond butter or smooth peanut butter
- 3/4 cup Chantal brown rice rice syrup
- 6 tbsp Chantal melted but cool coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the rice and buckwheat flours with the old-fashioned and quick oats, cacao powder, baking soda, and sea salt.
3. In a large bowl, stir together the almond butter, brown rice malt syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir until combined, then mix vigorously for 20 seconds.
4. Roll the dough into balls and place a dollop of peanut butter in the middle if you wish.
5. Bake the cookies 8-10 minutes. (They will seem undercooked, soft, and fragile at first, but will firm up as they cool.) Let the cookies cool completely before serving.