Pumpkin & Oat Muffins
by Kristen Capaccio
These muffins are wheat, refined sugar and dairy free. Here you can be creative - adding just about anything to this base recipe. They’re delicious served warm and spread with coconut oil and a drizzle of tahini. We can’t get enough of these nutritious treats for morning and afternoon tea.
- 2 cups Chantal oat bran
- 2 cups Chantal jumbo oats
- ½ cup ground linseed
- 2 tsp Chantal baking powder
- 1 Tbsp Chantal chia seeds
- 1 ½ tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp fresh ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- ¼ tsp allspice
- 1 tsp Chantal ginger powder
- 1 tsp Chantal kelp powder (optional)
- 1 tsp Chantal maca powder (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (steam and mash any pumpkin)
- ¼ cup Chantal honey
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 cup milk or mylk of your choice
- Preheat oven to 170 C.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash banana, add pumpkin or fruit and combine. Mix in eggs, vanilla and then milk.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until completely mixed.
- Spoon into greased muffin tins.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Note: Pumpkin can be replaced with mashed carrot, grated courgette, pear or apple puree. If you do choose to use fruit, we recommend omitting the spices other than cinnamon.These muffins are rather dense (and filling) and do not rise. You’ll know they’re cooked when the tops turn golden brown.