Kidney Bean Burritos
by Rebecca Hutchings
These simple burritos are delicious and satisfying. They are perfect for a weeknight meal and even good to take for lunch the next day. Add any veggies you have on hand or we love to add a bit of rice to make a complete protein.
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1/2 onion
- 1 tsp Chantal deodorised Coconut Oil
- 400g can Chantal Red Kidney Beans
- 400g can Chantal Chilli Beans
- Sweet Chilli Sauce (optional)
- Sea Salt Pepper
- 1 tortilla wrap
- Vegetables for filling (We love spinach, carrot, and beetroot)
- 1/4-1/2 lemon (depending on size)
- Sour Cream
1. Place coconut oil, garlic, and onion in a pan and fry over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened.
2. Drain and rinse kidney beans, adding them and the chilli beans to the pan with a little bit of water (slightly mash the beans for a smoother texture) .
3. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes before reducing to a medium heat for 5 minutes or until liquid starts to thicken and beans are soft and heated through. Fold mixture continuously.
4. Reduce heat to low-medium and add sweet chilli sauce (optional) and sea salt/pepper to taste.
5. Sprinkle some cheese down the length of the middle of the tortilla and place under the grill in oven until cheese is melted and slightly golden.
6. Whilst that is cooking prepare the vegetables for your filling. Grate the carrot and beetroot; chop greens into strips.
7. Mash avocado in a bowl with a squeeze of lemon juice to prevent from going brown.
8. Remove tortilla from oven and fill with beans mixture and salad.
9. Serve with sour cream and avocado mash.