Healthy Homemade Muesli
by Chloe Moir
A delightfully toasted muesli that’s bound to have your kitchen smelling nothing less than delicious! Better yet, it tastes great too!
- 2 cups of whole and chopped nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts, pecans, macadamia)
- 1 cup Chantal seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, linseeds)
- 1 cup of Chantal jumbo oats
- ¾ cup desiccated coconut
- 1 teaspoon Chantal cinnamon powder
- ¼ tsp Chantal fine sea salt
- 1 mashed banana
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 2 tablespoons Chantal coconut oil (melted)
1. Place all dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl whisk together the mashed banana, water and coconut oil, pour over the muesli and mix well.
3. Spread the mixture on a lined baking tray and bake in an oven set at 160 degrees- be careful not to burn it. Every 5 minutes check the muesli and stir.
4. Cook it for around 30 minutes until it has turned a golden brown colour and is dry and crisp. Once the muesli has cooled, pour it into an air-tight container.
Enjoy a handful as is as a snack, or serve with the milk of your choice and fresh, seasonal fruit.