Garlic & Lemon Hummus
by Tereza Poljanic
Not only are store brought dips expensive, they’re often filled with additives and preservatives that aren’t so great for our health. Here’s a simple recipe from Tereza Poljanic, for homemade hummus, that’s perfect with pita chips and flatbread as a wholesome afternoon snack.
- 2 400g cans of Chantal chickpeas
- 4 tsp Chantal hulled tahini
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tsp Chantal crushed sea salt
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1. Rinse the chickpeas in cold water then tip into the bowl of a food processor or blender.
2. Add the tahini, crushed garlic, salt and lemon juice. Turn on the food processor and slowly pour in the oil while it runs.
3. When the mixture is fully combined and smooth, spoon into a serving bowl.
Top with a drizzle of olive oil and enjoy!