Chocolate PB & J Love Cups
by Buffy Ellen Gill
Looking to make a treat for someone special? These little love cups are just the ticket - rich, dark, low sugar, and filled with the most delicious peanut butter and sweet raspberry jam. With only 9 ingredients, they are easy too! What’s not to love!?
- 1/4 c cacao butter
- 1/4 c Chantal coconut oil
- 3 tbsp liquid sweetener (Chantal rice syrup, maple syrup)
- 1/3 c cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch Chantal fine sea salt
- 1/2 c raspberries (defrosted)
- 1 tbsp liquid sweetener of choice (Chantal rice syrup, maple syrup
- 1 tbsp Chantal chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp freeze dried raspberries (optional)
- Prep: Place peanut butter jar in freezer to chill.Defrost raspberries if using frozen.
- Chocolate cups: Melt cacao butter over a low heat, add coconut oil, then remove from heat and stir until melted. Stir through remaining chocolate ingredients, then place over a bowl of iced water and stir it semi-regularly while it cools to room temperature.
- Raspberry jam & peanut butter: Meanwhile, mash the raspberries to a puree, then add remaining jam ingredients and whisk until they form a coulis type texture.
- Measure the size of your moulds, then divide that by 4 (and round down) - this is your measurement for each of your chocolate, PB, jam, and final chocolate layers. Eg my moulds were ~ 1 1/2 tsp total, so I used ~1/3 tsp for my measure.
- Assemble: Spoon 1/3 tsp chocolate into each mould then place in freezer for 5 minutes, or until it starts to set. Remove, then using the end of a teaspoon, push the semi-hardened chocolate up the sides of each mould. Place 1/3 tsp of peanut butter on top, then 1/3 tsp of jam, pressing down slightly if needed, then a final 1/3 tsp of chocolate to cover. If the base chocolate starts to melt too much, place it back in the freezer to reset a bit more (so you can get it up the sides).
- Place back in the freezer for 15-30 minutes until fully set.
- Store in the fridge or for up to 2 weeks. If using freezer, remove for a few minutes before eating (to let the chocolate come closer to room temperature, it has better flavour that way).
Make it nut free - Use your favourite seed butter - sunflower, watermelon, or Chantal hulled tahini. If using hulled tahini, add a dash extra sweetener to the jam and/or chocolate, as tahini is a bit bitter on its own.