Chia Oat Bircher
by Chloe Moir
A classic homemade bircher, ideal to pre-make for busy mornings on the go. We’re loving this coconut and cinnamon variety from one of our favourite nutritionists, Chloe Moir.
- 2 cups Chantal jumbo oats
- ½ cup Chantal chia seeds
- ½ cup Chantal sunflower seeds
- ½ cup Chantal pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- 2 tsp Chantal cinnamon powder
- A pinch of Chantal fine sea salt
- ½ – ¾ cup of nut milk or coconut milk (for 1 serve)
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 apple, grated
1. In a large bowl place the oats, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut, cinnamon and salt.
2. Mix well and pour into an air-tight container for the week. This is enough to last approximately 7 portions.
3. The night before, take ½ a cup of the dry bircher muesli and pour it into a jar or container.
4. Grate your apple, add this to the jar with a squeeze of lemon juice.
5. Add milk of your choice and top it up with water or extra milk until the liquid covers all the mixture.
6. Leave to soak overnight.This serves 1 person.
We love ours with fresh fruit, a dollop of coconut yoghurt and a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.