Adzuki Bean Brownies
by Renee Sexton
A deliciously rich, gooey and guilt free treat by Renee Sexton . Not only do they taste divine, they’re dairy free and vegan friendly too!
- 2 400g tins Chantal adzuki beans
- 1/2 cup Chantal peanut butter or almond butter (plus extra for dolloping on top)
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 200g dark chocolate (85% or higher)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Chantal baking powder
- 1 tsp Chantal baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Chantal sea salt
- 1 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen and extra for sprinkling on top)
- 1 cup walnuts (plus extra for sprinkling on top)
1. Turn the oven to 180 degrees Celsius on fan bake and line a baking dish with baking paper
2. In a double boiler, melt chocolate and nut butter together on a low heat, stirring frequently.
3. While the chocolate melts, drain and rinse adzuki beans then add to a food processor along with cacao powder, coconut sugar, flour, almond milk, baking soda, baking powder and salt and blitz for 10 seconds.
4. Add melted chocolate and nut butter to the food processor and blitz for a further 10 seconds
5. Finally, add walnuts and raspberries and pulse for 10 seconds or until everything is just combined.
6. Pour the brownie mix into the tin and press down with a spatula to even it out.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes, then remove from oven and enjoy!